Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall Mac OsX after format in Windows

Hi guys. I have a weird situation on my Macbook pro retina. After i got my MBPr i had OS mountain lion installed on the machine. I come from Windows based computers so i needed my Windows installed. I installed Windows through boot camp and after a while i realised that i don't use Mac Os , it had some scrooling lag in web pages, and i was not used to that so i only used windows. As i have only 512 GB hdd i wanted to take advantage of the remaining space so i formated the partition which had mac os installed on. But now i want to give mac os antoher go with the new Mavericks coming soon. Can i install Mac Os back on that partition and still keep my windows going without having to reinstall it through boot camp. If so how can i do it. Here is a link with my partitions: User uploaded file

I want Mac Os back on partition Files (D:) 50.29 GB.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Windows 7

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 3:37 PM

At this point no you can't. You'll have to repartition the complete drive as one partition, install OS X Mt Lion and then if you like reinstall Windows using Boot Camp. You can make a backup of your Windows install with a program called WinClone then reload that after you reinstall OS X.

Or you can install OS X on an external drive and test it out again. Maverick won't change how OS X works. It will just add feature and better support for certain things.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 3:37 PM in response to alexxfloo

At this point no you can't. You'll have to repartition the complete drive as one partition, install OS X Mt Lion and then if you like reinstall Windows using Boot Camp. You can make a backup of your Windows install with a program called WinClone then reload that after you reinstall OS X.

Or you can install OS X on an external drive and test it out again. Maverick won't change how OS X works. It will just add feature and better support for certain things.

Reinstall Mac OsX after format in Windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.