Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have a iPhone 5S without a rattling sleep button?

Just curious if more people have one that rattles or one that is more sturdy.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 4:16 PM

20 replies

Sep 27, 2013 9:52 PM in response to dweinberg96

Solved my own question 1 hour ago at apple. The answer is all iphones were not designed to have the defect and that they have f***** up not you. There is no fix to this for now, but to help them achnowledge this please tell your apple store about the issue. Also everyone at the apple store is not at fault this is either a design issue or a issue with the assembly of the device.

Sep 28, 2013 7:49 PM in response to dweinberg96

First, let me say that you are not alone. I purchased three phones on launch day, one of them rattles. I did take the phone to the Apple Store, where a "Genius" attempted to convince me that all iPhones did this. Unsatisfied with his lack of professionalism and attempts to patronize me, I immediately called Apple and relayed the events that transpired. After talking with two very helpful and courteous Apple Care staff members, I was reassured that rattling was not a new feature of the iPhone 5s. In fact, I was told no iPhone should ever rattle. After speaking with Engineering, the representative issued me a replacement to be picked in-store. My phone is being "captured" and sent off to Engineering for review. They are now aware of this defect, and it has been documented.

Sep 28, 2013 8:25 PM in response to dweinberg96

True. According to conversations I had with Apple, there is an "acceptable" amount of looseness in the power button that it within specifications. I failed to mention that the rattle was audible with vibration. Even more so when it is up to your ear and you receive a notification. Like I said, the other two phones we purchased did not have the same issue. However, the power buttons did have a degree of looseness but did not rattle when the phone was on vibrate.

Sep 28, 2013 8:42 PM in response to dweinberg96

I sure will, and thank you for taking the time to write the post in the first place. Trust me, I was just as annoyed by this. I acknowledge that the vast majority of people will never notice it. Nevertheless, I do. Call me me crazy for noticing that a power button rattles, that doesn't change the level of quality I have come to expect from Apple products.

Does anyone have a iPhone 5S without a rattling sleep button?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.