Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have one cluster iCloud/iTunes Account.

Ok, I don't even know how to start getting into this. We have 1 MacBook Pro, 1 PowerMac G5, one PowerBook G4, several Windows PCs, 1 iPad, 1 iPhone, 3 iPod Touches, and 2 iPod Nanos in one iTunes/iCloud account. My whole family is on one account

My son, my daughter, and I are all on on one iTunes/iCloud account. All our Music, Photos, Videos, Books, Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes, E-Mail Accounts, iMessages, and FaceTime are all mixed up and messed up.

How can I separate out our Media/Content in to our own accounts? How many credit cards do I need to do it? Please help.

Thanks,

David

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4GHz 2GB RAM

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 5:31 PM

Use one shared AppleID (the current one) for the iTunes and App Stores - all purchased content can then be readily shared and updated on devices by anyone.

Each of you get yourselves another, free email address (gmail, hotmail, MS Live, AOL, ... whatever) and make yourselves your own, unique and private AppleID.

Use the private AppleIDs to each make your own iCloud account and your own iMessage account. That way everyone's email, messages, backups to iCloud and sync's to iCloud are completely separate in their own accounts.

You can organize your own devices shared purchased content by cutomize your sync settings in iTunes - as long as each device has its own unique device name, you can sync them all on one computer sharing one AppleID for iTunes and App stores, and each device can have its own custom content settings for sync.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 27, 2013 5:31 PM in response to Beige1997

Use one shared AppleID (the current one) for the iTunes and App Stores - all purchased content can then be readily shared and updated on devices by anyone.

Each of you get yourselves another, free email address (gmail, hotmail, MS Live, AOL, ... whatever) and make yourselves your own, unique and private AppleID.

Use the private AppleIDs to each make your own iCloud account and your own iMessage account. That way everyone's email, messages, backups to iCloud and sync's to iCloud are completely separate in their own accounts.

You can organize your own devices shared purchased content by cutomize your sync settings in iTunes - as long as each device has its own unique device name, you can sync them all on one computer sharing one AppleID for iTunes and App stores, and each device can have its own custom content settings for sync.

Sep 28, 2013 5:41 AM in response to Beige1997

Sorry for the late response. As you now know, you only need associate a form of payment with an AppleID if you are going to use it to shop in the iTunes or App Stores. Otherwise, for any of the free services (iCloud, iMessgae, these forums) all you need is a an email to use as a primary email to create an AppleID to use with no payment information associated with it.

Glad it's all working for you.

I have one cluster iCloud/iTunes Account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.