Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Decline button for incoming calls

When I receive incoming calls there is no Decline button. How so I make this show up?

Thanks,

Adam

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:26 PM

The Decline option is only there when the phone is unlocked. Otherwise, pressing the lock button on top of the phone twice will decline the call.

17 replies

Oct 4, 2013 1:05 PM in response to KalebsDad78

It does not solve the problem for me. I liked to decline people and instantly call them back (cause I have bonus calls) by simply sliding their name in the missed call that appeared right affter I declined.

Now if I decline by double tapping the power button the missed call does now show up on the notification screen, so I have to unlock, go to my contacts and call back... Do I need to say this is terribly worst???

Feb 23, 2015 3:52 PM in response to AL71B

I think I understand the use case Apple is concerned about. If a call comes in and the phone is unlocked, then it's probably in your hand, and you can simply tap the Decline button. But if a call comes in and the phone is locked, then it's likely in a place where you can't reach it so easily— like your pocket or purse— and where "accidental" touches on the screen frequently happen. (See "butt dialing.") So requiring one press on the lock button to silence and two to decline the call prevents accidental declines and enables you to silence or decline the call without taking the phone out of your pants pocket. (I frequently adjust the volume of the device this way.)

No Decline button for incoming calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.