Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari 5.1.10: All WordPress sites are dead, WordPress Login failed.

Issue with Safari 5.1.10 on my Mac 10.6.8: Since yesterday all my WordPress sites are dead, WP Login failed. Safari tells me: "Safari can’t open the page *** because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

Cleared Cache, checked all sort of files...No luck !

FTP with ForkLift get funny, works perfectly with FileZilla !

ALL perfectly working in Firefox and Chrome with NO issues at all(Display, Login...) - I'm totally confused !!!

Oi, Apple you screw it !

Update: My host(onemac.net) now complitly failed working in Safari - AGAIN with Firefox and Chrome with NO issues at all !!!

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

<Link Edited by Host>

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), WordPress

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:24 PM

32 replies

Sep 28, 2013 4:20 AM in response to zdytw

Again:

Issue with Safari 5.1.10 on my Mac 10.6.8: 2 days ago all my WordPress sites on my host *** with all its subdomaniens complitly are dead and any WordPress Admin Login attempted of ALL sites failed.

Safari tells me: "Safari can’t open the page *** because the server where this page is located isn’t responding."

FTP with ForkLift get very slow or would not work at all, BUT works perfectly with FileZilla !

Cleared Cache, checked all sort of files, google it...No luck, no advice, nothing !

BUT EVERYTHING is perfectly working with Firefox and Chrome with NO issues at all(Display, Login,...)

Now i'm totally confused - Even no one is able to understand this issue in this Apple Support Communite or the technical support of my host(Justhost.com) or on the WordPress support forum !

Again, this is an simple strait forward technical quation about Safari and not an winching rant on apple or there products.

Any advice would be appreciated, but it seems not even that is possible.

<Link Edited by Host>

Sep 28, 2013 5:39 AM in response to zdytw

Update: i can say so far that it is 99% an WordPress css bug whats only happen with Safari 5+ on an Mac !

Chrome and Firefox works just fine, included WP logins.

Screenshoots

Thats it looks like now with Safari:

http://gamewidgets.onemac.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Grab-2013-09-28-at-12.5 9.33.png

Thats it looks like with Chrome, Firefox and Safari 2 days ago:

http://gamewidgets.onemac.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Grab-2013-09-28-at-13.0 9.08.png

Please Help!

Sep 28, 2013 7:35 AM in response to zdytw

onemac.net often won't load at all here, on any browser. Same when testing using websniffer.

Then it works, then it doesn't. When it looks screwy in Safari, that's because stylesheets & other items aren't being served up in time. When that happens, the same item loads promptly in Firefox, or if Safari's user agent is altered - suggesting that something on the site is falling over with certain user agent strings.

Sep 28, 2013 9:09 AM in response to andyBall_uk

Well spotted Andy, i owe you a Pint or two - i told the tek support from my host earlyer and they don't know anything about this, bizzar. Then i try CloudFlare and it gives me the error code of 522, it meen thats a problem with my hosy, not Safari or my Mac or Me or my sites, files, WordPress or what ever... It's the loading pressure of the server, what is owned by JustHost ;-)

Thanks again Andy

Safari 5.1.10: All WordPress sites are dead, WordPress Login failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.