Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i resize my photo for the lock wallpaper

how do i make a photo smaller for the lock screen wallpaper

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2013 10:07 AM

I talked to support dude and he suggested that I go to the picture in your gallery and take a screenshot of it. That should resize the picture to be the size of your screen and thus to fit in it.

I had a cute picture of my dog and I couldn´t use it because all I could see of it after setting it as a bg was my doggys nose.

This tactic solved the problem for me.

Still, I sent a feedback message. Having your picture as a bg has no right being this complicated. Specially when we had a wonderfull resizing of the pictures in the last OS 🙂

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 28, 2013 10:07 AM in response to Buggmee2

I talked to support dude and he suggested that I go to the picture in your gallery and take a screenshot of it. That should resize the picture to be the size of your screen and thus to fit in it.

I had a cute picture of my dog and I couldn´t use it because all I could see of it after setting it as a bg was my doggys nose.

This tactic solved the problem for me.

Still, I sent a feedback message. Having your picture as a bg has no right being this complicated. Specially when we had a wonderfull resizing of the pictures in the last OS 🙂

Nov 29, 2013 8:13 AM in response to krizzey

I've been trying for the first time to do the same thing and am having the same problem, with the added confusion of a "Move and Scale" directive. The pic I chose was slippery to get ahold of & control, then pops right back out to the original size. At one point I was using both hands and tapping the screen in hopes of locking it down. Might as well have been wrestling an octopus covered in baby oil. At least I'd have gotten some cardio and a moisturizing treatment!

Dec 17, 2015 12:34 PM in response to MegTay09

This is the ugly side of Apple. This feature was "disabled" after iOS 6. When iOS 7 came out we could no longer size our lock screen and wallpaper photos. Coincidentally, at the same time, a developer made an application which would resize your photo for this reason for a small fee! Amazing how that works huh. I bet if we looked into it we would find out that this developer is tied to someone who controls Apple programming. This is like buying a car and you drive down the street and the radio won't work. Then the car dealer tells you you can buy an App to make the radio work like it used to in the previous year's models. Pathetic.

Dec 8, 2013 2:03 AM in response to MegTay09

I figured this out today! If your photo won't fit for your wallpaper, simply do this:

When you're viewing your preferred photo, tap the white area to turn it black (why white? it's awful), then take a SCREENSHOT of your photo surrounded by black. [Screenshot is done by holding the power button at the top while quickly hitting the Home button. This will create a brand new copy of your photo at the very end of your pictures.

Use that for your wallpaper.

Do I rock or what?

Jun 1, 2016 6:28 PM in response to Body Code Lady

I'm happy that people are so excited that they find workarounds to broken programming. Nothing wrong with happiness. I, however, would rather go back to iOS 6.0, when Move & Scale actually worked without flaws and workarounds were not needed. I guess Apple has hit the nail on the head here.... if they disable features and break programming, there is a section of buyers who will be ecstatic to look for ways to fix it on their own. Mind boggling.

how do i resize my photo for the lock wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.