Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasting iTunes 11.1...extremely buggy?

I've got three problems that are new for iTunes 11.1 podcasts, I know I am not alone on some.

First, I know that the list view now shows all past episodes in the cloud. I, like many others, hate this since I have so many past episodes. I am wondering if there's a work around (I really don't like "My Podcasts" view)?

Second, a couple of my podcasts are marking past episodes as new and attempting to download deleted episodes every time my computer refreshes all podcasts (about once an hour). This is extremely annoying, as I have to go in an mark all of them as played again, and often delete them if they've downloaded. It is annoying to levels of wanting to break something because...

Third, whenever, and I mean whenever, I click something in iTunes under the podcasts tab, I get the rainbow wheel for a good ten seconds or more. This means that every time I have to go in to "mark as played" the podcasts that I have already repeatedly marked, it takes a good minute when it should take about three seconds.

Any thoughts or help on this? It is driving me up the wall at this point and I am considering dropping podcasts altogether on my computer. Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:12 PM

2 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:44 AM in response to mattsoftware

UPDATE: after plugging in my iphone, unticking the sync podcasts, reticking podcasts, applying changes, waiting for AGES, killing itunes, repeating the above, but careful not to apply the changes unless I was NOT on the podcasts screen... my podcasts seem to be syncing now.

Not sure if thats a permanent fix, or I will need to plug in and repeat the proceedure forever, but at least I can listen to my podcasts now.

Next... How do I manage my podcast library *sigh*

Podcasting iTunes 11.1...extremely buggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.