Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi issues iMac

Hi,

Got an interesting problem here...my home network is powered by 2 Airport Extremes and I have a few Macs and numerous iDevices. Connection is dsl and not the best in the world meaning I get short timeouts from time to time where I lose internet and it will come back after a minute or two. My problem is with my iMac (all latest updates) if I lose internet it will not reconnect unless I off my wifi and then turn it back on. I can hold my iPhone and confirm internet is back to working after a minute of losing it but even after an hour my iMac will not reconnect unless I do the off/on thing...

Also something interesting...this happened today while I was working on my computer and I received a popup saying I had lost connection to the hard drive plugged into my Airport Extreme (I did lose dsl for about a minute during this time). So on my iMac it's like the internet and my network go hand in hand when they really shouldn't right? Even without my dsl feed coming through for a minute or two it should not disrupt my home network right? And note...during these times I do not lose signal to my Airport Extreme according to the radar icon on my iMac it's always steady black...

Hope I explained this right any help would be much appreciated,

rc

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:14 PM

There are no replies.

wifi issues iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.