Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need xcode for OS X 10.7.5

I have OS X 10.7.5 ...and the version of xcode available is for 10.8 or later ...how can I download old version of xcode ?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 10:41 PM

Xcode 4.6 is supported in OS X Lion. If you are a developer, go to the Developer site and download this Xcode version

15 replies

May 31, 2014 4:55 PM in response to shrutika.nitw

I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and i need to install xcode. I think the latest xcode

i can use is xcode 4.6.3 because i have OS X 10.7.5.

But i can't find xcode 4.6.3 or any xcode 4.6.X anywhere. I've looked in the

App store, "downloads for developers" and the "Mac Dev Center" but the

latest xcode i can find is xcode 3.2.

I have a developer account.

I'm I not doing something right?

BTW, i think i only need the "command line tools" but can't find them either?

May 31, 2014 4:56 PM in response to mende1

I have a Mac OS X 10.7.5 and i need to install xcode. I think the latest xcode

i can use is xcode 4.6.3 because i have OS X 10.7.5.

But i can't find xcode 4.6.3 or any xcode 4.6.X anywhere. I've looked in the

App store, "downloads for developers" and the "Mac Dev Center" but the

latest xcode i can find is xcode 3.2.

I have a developer account.

I'm I not doing something right?

BTW, i think i only need the "command line tools" but can't find them either?

Jun 23, 2014 8:41 AM in response to shrutika.nitw

I am very new to this, Do you need an sdk for this? I am just getting started and am needing a little direction. I, too, have ios 10.7.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jul 28, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Hi Grant,

My Mac system configurations are: Processor - 2.4 ghz Intel core2 duo and Memory - 2 GB 667 Mhz SDRAM. I have installed OS X Lion 10.7.5 in my system. I tried following the steps which you just mentioned for Xcode 4.6.3. But, I am unable to install it as it says "You cannot install Xcode in this system. It is not compatible with this system.". What could be the problem? Any suggestions.

Jul 29, 2015 7:08 AM in response to svivek88

It works on mine, but note I have much more RAM on hand. Activity Monitor is telling me that the Xcode application is gobbling up 420MB real RAM and 830MB virtual, so it will get mightily tight in your 2GB system. And that's just starting Xcode up, with no project or anything else open on it.

IIRC, when you download(ed) the Xcode installer (vs. installing thru the OS X App Store), the "installation" process consisted in mounting the .dmg and copying over the (very big) file on you drive. When it first ran, it went thru the motions of setting its environment up, taking its sweet time in the process. When it was finally good & ready, if you wanted the command-line tools as well there were two options: download and run their installer (this did need to be run explicitly), or thru the application visit Xcode / Preferences / Downloads / Components and click on the appropriate button.

Need xcode for OS X 10.7.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.