Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant access some websites on all web browsers. help. Virus maybe?

Hello apple community. I had this problem started yesterday in getting access in some websites that use to visit. e.g. yahoo.com.

its not only yahoo, there are others too that i cant access.

i am inside my apartment, i have my own internet connection.

the internet works fine on other site, i can even use youtube very well. facebook also works but not properly work the way it use to be.

the internet connection is not slow.

when i type in yahoo.com, it doesnt automatically prompt that i have no connection or something else but it just load and nothing happens.

*also happens on website i usually go, it just load and nothing happens for hours.

I tried it on other browsers, FF, chrome and safari. All are just the same.

i tried it in my iphone, it happens too like in my mac doesnt.

my wifi is secured, had a password on it.

another thing is my mail app in my mac, i have 4 email accounts on it but the icloud account cannot connect to its server.

i am afraid that this might be virus in my modem or router?

i tried it on my other windows pc, still same result.

what should i do? thanks.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 27, 2013 11:12 PM

3 replies

Sep 28, 2013 3:15 AM in response to JovAgoncUSA

If you are getting exactly the same results on all devices - Mac, Windows and iOS - then the root of the issue is your network connection. It's not a virus in your modem or router, but it may be an issue with the domain name server your internet service provider (ISP) is providing. Alternately, someone could have hacked your wireless router and changed the settings. Either way, you're going to need to try making a change to the router's configuration.

See Eliminating browser redirects and advertisements, specifically the sections on domain name server issues and wireless router issues.

Cant access some websites on all web browsers. help. Virus maybe?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.