Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 iPhone 5 safari history missing

I having an issue with safari bookmark -history. All of the pages

I browse are not displayed. prior to iOS7 I use to have a running list in bookmark that I could refer to until I manually deleted.

All my other personal bookmarks are visible and I can add or delete them as usual.

I do not use "reading" option bookmark and use "private" vs public

Is the fact that I close tabs using new iOS 7 icon clearing history?

If this is the case is there.a method to isolate closing tab but not erasing history?

Please help me set history bookmarks with the option to only delete manually

Thank you to each person who responds

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 2:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2013 8:19 AM

Hi. I also had the same problem. I went to ipad settings, the safari tab, and under privacy and security there is a 'do not track' button. Mine was set to off, so i slid it to the right to turn it on, slid it back to turn it off and my history reappeared. Hope this works.

5 replies

Nov 20, 2013 1:16 PM in response to Hornchurch Geezer

My girlfriend's iPhone seems to have the same problem. Web history was missing for the last 7 days, but still there from earlier dates. Hornchruch Geezer, your tip worked and the history is now being logged again. Thanks for that. Does anyone know what might cause this? If it's switching off for some unknown reason at random, that's not ideal. Any ideas?

iOS 7 iPhone 5 safari history missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.