Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S no longer recognised on iTunes 10.6.3 after iOS 7 update

Hi,

I am having problems with my iPhone 4S connecting to iTunes now I have updated to iOS 7. iTunes says I need version 11.1 for my phone to be recognised (i currently have iTunes 10.6.3) so, I go to download 11.1 and it wont do it because my mac software needs to be updated to OSX 10.6.8! (i am currently OSX 10.5.8) so I go to the software centre to download 10.6.8 but it tells me that my mac is up to date....

Is my mac too old now and Apple no longer support it?... (im on Leopard i believe - old i know!!) I hope not! updating my iPhone to iOS 7 should not force me to buy a new mac! (although i would quite like to update mine 🙂)

Any support that someone can give me would be great becuase I dont live very close to a mac store to go in and ask for help.

Many Thanks

Kezia

iPhone 4S, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 3:24 AM

There is no download for 10.6.8. You can order a disk from Apple. To sync your phone requires 10.6.8 & iTunes 11.1.

What model Mac do you have?

3 replies

iPhone 4S no longer recognised on iTunes 10.6.3 after iOS 7 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.