Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you turn off snap to grid in Logic Pro x

Hi

How do you turn off snap to grid as in garageband .....it was quite simple...

But I don't seem to get to grips with this in logic ....

I have options of smart ...and so on ....

I want to be able to move eg an imported audio file to start wherever I want so not to snap to the nearest beat or bar...

Anyone know??

Thanks

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 3:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 7:06 AM

Technically you cannot turn it off, but you can choose a very fine resolution which in effect boils down to having it off: ticks. For accurately lining up audio you can use Samples (the smallest snap value, probably equates to GB's off setting?).

I have F5 to F8 assigned to snap values bar, beat, division and tick. Very handy.

The Frames values obviously come in handy when working to video, though there's no law agaist using it without video.

Note that they are ordered from big to smallest.

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2013 7:06 AM in response to Novice2011

Technically you cannot turn it off, but you can choose a very fine resolution which in effect boils down to having it off: ticks. For accurately lining up audio you can use Samples (the smallest snap value, probably equates to GB's off setting?).

I have F5 to F8 assigned to snap values bar, beat, division and tick. Very handy.

The Frames values obviously come in handy when working to video, though there's no law agaist using it without video.

Note that they are ordered from big to smallest.

User uploaded file

How do you turn off snap to grid in Logic Pro x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.