Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 7.0.2 update has locked me out of phone!

Updated to IOS 7.0.2 last night before I went to bed. Woke up this morning, grabbed my phone and it's as if the touch screen is completely disabled. It looks normal, the "Slide to Unlock" button is glowing as illuminated as normal, but nothing is working. I cannot get into my phone. I can't even slide across to my lock screen from the starting screen. I can slide the little control panel screen up from the bottom but even then nothing is responding from in there either. What on earth happened in that update last night??? How do I get my phone back?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2, Update locked phone

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 5:51 AM

OK. I just saw a few other post like mine and got inspired.... If you can get the power-off button to work, let it power down and then power it back on. The screen should respond again. In my case, to get the power button to work, I also held the home button at the same time. Not sure if that was truly necessary but that's what I was doing at the time it turned off. It then turned back on using the power button as usual. Phew!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2013 5:51 AM in response to rretsinas

OK. I just saw a few other post like mine and got inspired.... If you can get the power-off button to work, let it power down and then power it back on. The screen should respond again. In my case, to get the power button to work, I also held the home button at the same time. Not sure if that was truly necessary but that's what I was doing at the time it turned off. It then turned back on using the power button as usual. Phew!

IOS 7.0.2 update has locked me out of phone!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.