4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2013 7:59 PM by JessicatoApple
iphonemaniac2009 Level 1 (5 points)

FaceTime on my iPhone 4 stopped working after updating to IOS 7 but other people with an iPhone 4 with ios 6 have reported that FaceTime has stopped working for them also.

I have tried the usual solutions: stopped and restarted FaceTime, reset network connections, completely restored my iPhone including firmware.

Nothing has helped.

If anyone with an iPhone 4 has FaceTime working please respond with your solution.

I have reported the problem to Apple via

apple.com/feedback

if you are having the same problem please give apple your feedback.

• iphonemaniac2009 Level 1 (5 points)

Forgot to detail the exact problem:

I make a FaceTime call to another device and it rings.

The other person accepts the call.

The screen message says "connecting..." but it times out after about a minute with connection failed message.

• iphonemaniac2009 Level 1 (5 points)

Someone in a different discussion solved the problem for me.

The solution was to setup the iPhone 4 as new and not do a restore and then FaceTime worked.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/23208422?ac_cid=op123456#23208422

• Jamfrawa Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem - after iOS 7 update my phone cannot successfully establish a FaceTime call.

I have three iphone 4 and an iPod 4th gen, all devices except one can FaceTime call each other using our home network, but one iphone fails connecting with any other device.

I am not going to restore my device, there needs to be another solution as the settings are identical to the others. Still searching for an answer.   

• JessicatoApple Level 1 (0 points)

Same for me. Have left feedback bug report for Apple.

iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.2 calls iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.2 and says connecting but never connects.

So disappointing. My father is 91 and using FaceTime between different countries was amazing. Most disappointed with Apple's lack of community communication around this issue. Is there a public bug report board that Users can view? If not, Apple, why not!