Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 5s fingerprint lock is not working

Help my fingerprint lock is not working

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 8:36 AM

Are you having trouble setting it up? Or problems unlocking your device? and you're having trouble unlocking your device?

66 replies

Sep 28, 2013 10:51 AM in response to Xtabi

I'm having the same issue (at least I think ...)

I cannot set up my fingerpring. It always fails for the last line. After a while it stops trying and says failed and that I should try again.

When doing so it doesn't even start. It switches to the guiding screen and directly after that back to the fail screen.

To start again I need to restart the phone.

I've tried 3 fingers, all clean and none has been wet.

Sep 30, 2013 11:23 AM in response to Xtabi

I am having the same problem. On day one with 7.0.1, my two thumbprints enrolled and worked great. Gradually, a few failures started to happen. After 48 hours, I was having to type my password every time. I deleted the prints and had difficulty getting them re-enrolled. I restarted the phone a few times, and then enrollment worked the first time after. Another 48 hours of bliss, then the failures mounted. I deleted prints, restarted, updated to 7.0.2, restarted.... Now I can't get them enrolled at all. Seems like the middle part of my prints will go "red" then back off to "gray" before it aborts. Don't know if it's software or hardware, but I'm about to return the phone for a replacement.

Oct 4, 2013 5:19 PM in response to Xtabi

I'm having the same problem. I have put my right thumb multiple times. It works well at first, and then less than 10% of the time. I have even tried entering the same thumb multiple times, in the hopes that the combination of three different readings will give the phone something it can recognize. It does not make any difference.

my iphone 5s fingerprint lock is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.