Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off "Do not disturb" function

1. Do Not Disturb function can not be turned off. How can I turn off this function, because it is blocking calls when should not.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2017 2:10 AM

Hi Jozo22,

At times, it is quite frustrating to use this feature, Initially, all my calls were also going to Voice Mails, but then I checked my Friend's iPhone default settings and it's easy to turn on-off the iPhone Do Not Disturb feature.

Check this link: https://www.tuluzz.com/turn-off-do-not-disturb-iphone/

Should help! It has default settings and the internal process of how it is using the DND Feature.

19 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2017 2:10 AM in response to Jozo22

Hi Jozo22,

At times, it is quite frustrating to use this feature, Initially, all my calls were also going to Voice Mails, but then I checked my Friend's iPhone default settings and it's easy to turn on-off the iPhone Do Not Disturb feature.

Check this link: https://www.tuluzz.com/turn-off-do-not-disturb-iphone/

Should help! It has default settings and the internal process of how it is using the DND Feature.

Oct 30, 2013 2:47 PM in response to Jozo22

To reset or turn off your scheduled Do Not Disturb function:

Settings Notifications

Do Not Disturb

Set slider to OFF, or

Reschedule changes in selections provided

*Note: you won't be able to make the Do Not Disturb changes without entering via the Settings: Notifications: Do Not Disturb first. The Settings: Do Not Disturb radio button is for manual ON/OFF only.

Cheers! It frustrated me too ;).

Oct 3, 2017 7:37 AM in response to Jozo22

I have just had this nightmare. If you go into “Do Not Disturb” and the scroll down to Activate > It gives you three options

Automatic

When connected to car Bluetooth

Manually

You need to Click Manually. You will the have to set it to when you want it in use in the car yourself but it won’t have it in that mode all the time unless you set it to that yourself. The phone will not automatically do it for you as such.

I hope that helps.

Mar 18, 2014 4:34 AM in response to Jozo22

Yeah Jozo22, I know what you are talking about. All these steps do not seem to work after the phone is locked and the screen goes black. Calls just get sent to voice mail after 2 rings....It's got to be an IOS 7 problem. I'm considering doing a system restore and reloading the IOS. Anyone figure this problem out yet? I'm probably gonna go to the apple store today and see what they can do.

I have and Iphone 5 by the way, not S or C.

How do I turn off "Do not disturb" function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.