Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attracting Listeners to a New Podcast

I've just started a podcast and I'm looking for ways to promote it. I've tried social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and putting the link for it in iTunes on my email signature. Does anyone have any suggestions for free ways to promote a new podcast?

The podcast can be found here.

Thanks in advance for your help, I really appreciate it!

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 9:11 AM

1 reply

Sep 28, 2013 9:44 AM in response to vtgurlie2005

From http://www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/creatorfaq.html -

Why do I need good metadata?

You need good metadata so people can find your podcast and decide whether to subscribe to it.

Your podcast’s metadata includes all of the information that describes your podcast for the potential subscriber, as well as for the iTunes search and browse infrastructure. The podcast’s category and subcategory determine where the podcast will appear in the browse tree. The title, author, and description are indexed by the iTunes search engine and used to determine relevance when compared with terms entered by the user in the Search Store field. A high percentage of users look for podcasts via search. If you don’t have good, robust metadata, your podcast will not be found in many searches. And when users do find your podcast, they may not have enough information to decide whether to subscribe.

Your podcast must have robust metadata to be eligible for featuring on the Podcasts main page or the iTunes Store main page.

Why do I need cover art?

Attractive and interesting cover art attracts new subscribers to your podcast. Podcasts must have good cover art to be featured on the Podcasts main page or the iTunes Store main page. Most good podcast images include an image as well as a title, brand, or source name. A 1400x1400-pixel JPG is the recommended size and format. Using this relatively large format, the iTunes Store automatically generates the various smaller images you see in the podcast directory. Before you settle on the art for your podcast, you may want to review theTop Podcasts page and note the various elements that contribute to compelling art.

Attracting Listeners to a New Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.