Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how keep original order of photos in iPhoto album when transferring to Photo Stream?

I want my carefully organized photos in a iPhoto Album to remain in SAME order when sending the album to my iPad from my MacBook Pro via Photo Stream. How can I do this? Also, does anyone know how to keep the captions below photos when using Photo Stream?

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 10:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 10:33 AM

I want my carefully organized photos in a iPhoto Album to remain in SAME order when sending the album to my iPad from my MacBook Pro via Photo Stream. How can I do this?

Are you asking about "My Photo Stream" or a "Shared Photo Stream"?

• "My Photo Stream" is only a temporary buffer, not meant for long term storage. You have no control over the order of the photos in the stream. Mostly they will be ordered by the date.
  • "Shared Photo Streams" will be ordered in the same order as add the photos. SO you can control the sequence by adding the photos one by one.

The captions will not be transferred, only the file names.

Regards

Léonie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2013 10:33 AM in response to Victoria264

I want my carefully organized photos in a iPhoto Album to remain in SAME order when sending the album to my iPad from my MacBook Pro via Photo Stream. How can I do this?

Are you asking about "My Photo Stream" or a "Shared Photo Stream"?

• "My Photo Stream" is only a temporary buffer, not meant for long term storage. You have no control over the order of the photos in the stream. Mostly they will be ordered by the date.
  • "Shared Photo Streams" will be ordered in the same order as add the photos. SO you can control the sequence by adding the photos one by one.

The captions will not be transferred, only the file names.

Regards

Léonie

how keep original order of photos in iPhoto album when transferring to Photo Stream?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.