Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get iTunes match to work on my Apple TV (3rd gen).

I signed up for iTunes Match after iOS 7 and iTunes Radio came out. It says it should work on Apple TV by selecting Music->iTunes Match but when I try that it shows nothing available in the library. I have over 3000 songs in my iTune Match and can play them back on my other Apple devices. I have a 3rd generation AppleTV with the latest software update. What am I missing?

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 10:31 AM

Got it to work! I signed out of iTunes store and then signed back in again and then turned iTunes match on in settings. Now my iTunes Match songs show up under Music in my Apple TV.

14 replies

Jan 2, 2014 2:03 PM in response to RogierJ

You need to have signed up to iTunes Match, £21.99 for a year and it's the only way to upload your own music to the Apple TV as I found (well the most simple way anyway!!), make sure you upload all the music from iTunes to the cloud. When going on the Apple TV sign out then in again and your music should be there :)

Jan 3, 2014 7:37 AM in response to als92

Apologies, I probably should have mentioned this to start with but I have a subscription to iTunes Match. And actually on my Apple notebook it works all fine in iTunes (including all artwork and what have you) but it just does not feed through to my ATV3, which I do not understand. In that context I have already tried logging in/out a number of times, and that unfortunately did not work. But thanks for trying to help me, really much appreciated!

Feb 5, 2014 6:41 AM in response to wcjulyan

Thanks a lot! It worked for me.

But, to be exact, I didn't logged out and back in on my ATV. I selected my Id under "settings -> iTunes Store -> ID Apple" and deleted it, then I added it again. It then asked me to save my password, I choosed to activate iTunes Match and, then, in "Music" it took a couple of minutes, in "My Music" to recreate library.

And voilà! Now I have my 8000 songs on ATV just like on iPhone, iMac and MacBook Pro.

Thanks a lot for the hint.

Have a nice day, you all!

I can't get iTunes match to work on my Apple TV (3rd gen).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.