I have tried all the resets, the firmware is the latest version, the green light is on.
But I get this message "Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup folder."
How easy was that???
OK - only a couple of backup files as it was only days old, but there do seem a couple of issues that my new friend Apple should look at for us near-virgins.
1. why should the TC end up with a .inProgress file left over blocking up the system?
2. why is it seemingly impossible to delete this file? OK - it was 44.8Gb ... but ...
3. why is this error message not high in FAQs to immediately check for the presence of this .inProgress file?
4. why is there not an auto clean-up process to get rid of such left-overs where unwarrantied?
5. How come you have got 23,875 points and I have none? Do "points mean prizes"?
6. Got there in the end - it seems to be doing "the right thing" now - thanks for your patience.