Looks like no oneโ€™s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

a Thin Blue Line on my Screen

Hi guys, just a quick question. I was watching a movie earlier and while I was changing tabs to go to chrome and clicked command + T, this blue thin line suddenly appeared on my screen and it doesn't go away even though I have restarted and turned off my computer. Can the LCD break even though you haven't dropped it? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

User uploaded file

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 12:34 PM

advice is getting it fixed definitely.

Even IF you , say, "wanted the newest" model and your Air wasnt damaged, youd still get a lot of money for a used Macbook Air

worst case scenario is you have it fixed,and you NEED it diagnosed anyway, which is FREE.

after which youre either:

A:happy back to square 1 with your fixed Air, or

B: you sell same for a newer model.

what you'd get for the used fixed Air will be a lot more than the cost of repair. ๐Ÿ˜Š

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 28, 2013 12:34 PM in response to haelhaelhael

advice is getting it fixed definitely.

Even IF you , say, "wanted the newest" model and your Air wasnt damaged, youd still get a lot of money for a used Macbook Air

worst case scenario is you have it fixed,and you NEED it diagnosed anyway, which is FREE.

after which youre either:

A:happy back to square 1 with your fixed Air, or

B: you sell same for a newer model.

what you'd get for the used fixed Air will be a lot more than the cost of repair. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Sep 28, 2013 11:49 AM in response to haelhaelhael

A: is it in all screens or just Chrome (unlikely)?

B: reset SMC

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

C: Your LCD is highly likely NOT broken rather a signal feed hardware issue in the monitor cable that travels thru the hinge from the logic board.

D: make a screenshot and verify if the screenshot shows the same or not.

E: the LED backlighting is showing thru implying, of course, that the LCD feed for that vertical line is not being fed.

Reset SMC and verify.

if same, you have either bad monitor cable or connection of same at junction with logic board. ๐Ÿ˜Š

At which point make appt. with Apple for diagnostic / service

a Thin Blue Line on my Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.