Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 7.0.2 Restore and Safari Broken

After updating to ios 7.0.2 both my iPad and iPhone hang during the restore. I have had to restore the old fashioned way using iTunes. Now they are working Safari just hangs on a white screen. If I go to Safari in the System Settings the phone just hangs there too. I have tried restarting both devices with no success. Is anyone else having this problem? This seems like a really shoddy update for me, but I can't find any talk about any of these issues.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 12:16 PM

11 replies

Sep 30, 2013 1:50 PM in response to true3man

I wiped it clean again and started fresh. Befor installing ANY applications from the store, I checked Safari and it worked.

I have been installing applications one at a time, and testing Safari after each install. I reboot the iPad2 after testing, and then check Safari again before installing the next application.

Thus far, I have successfully installed a number of applications and I'm backing up the iPad after every two or three applications so when it fails I won't have to start all over again. Safari hasn't crashed yet, and I will continue installing applications one at a time. Here is the list thus far:

Chrome

Dolphin

VNC Viewer

LogMeIn Ignition

Skype for iPad

Dropbox

SugarSync

Kindle

OverDrive

Docs to Go

Cubby

Evernote

Just Cloud

Seagate Global Access

Facebook

Print to Dell

Oct 19, 2013 9:54 PM in response to true3man

I use my phone a lot, and that includes Safari. This just started today and I'm using 7.0.2 as well. I have exactly the same issues, both with Safari and in Settings. I have noticed that if I launch Safari, and then double click to change app to the desktop, and then double click again, I can see the thumbnail of the Safari screen is searching for iCloud. I can see the Google search but if I click that window, it goes to a white screen of safari

This is definatley a 7.0.2 issue.

Oct 21, 2013 8:41 PM in response to true3man

PROBLEM FIXED

I finally contacted Apple Customer Care today, via the chat line. I don't have the Apple Care in longer, but they provided two options - 1) pay $19, and 2) Just installed iOS update. I selected the later. I restored the phone, as many of you have done here. The restore works fine, but once I restored the data to restore my old settings, the install process failed, a few times, but each time, we tried something else. I was felt that there was something in my backed up data that was causing a corrupt file which became part of the RESTORE process. I untimatley had to rebuild the phone back to 7.0.2, from the iCloud, where my contacts, calendars were stored. I had to give my phone a new name, and load my apps manually, which was a pain, but it worked, and now everything is RESOLVED.

I started the online chat at 1:27 pm today, and the woman, who was ever so patient, stayed online with me untile 5:45. Most of the time was waiting for the system that was hanging during the restore process. All my data accept for my personal settings were maintained, which was what was important to me. I think Apple Support Staff is AMAZING, and no one else comes close.

I like to tease my Android buddies, by saying, "Have you called Google?"

Oct 22, 2013 6:03 AM in response to Boston Bagger

Problem persists.

I got the iPad back to work not by restoring but by Bud Hartley's advice installing everything (see above and thank you). After all th apps were on, Safari would run for a little while. Then stopped. It hangs in Safari and in setup. When I remove it from the multi tasking menue and start again, it again hangs with empty page. If you then look into the multi taking view, you see the same old page where it originally stopped working. All other apps are working, however I see NONE in the purchased apps !?

I installed Chrome to replace safari. Not pretty but it works.

ios 7.0.2 Restore and Safari Broken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.