Welcome to the Support Communities!
The feature you are asking about is now available when the call comes in.
See the link below to review your options for an incoming call:
- Silence a call. Press the Sleep/Wake button or either volume button. You can still answer the call after silencing it, until it goes to voicemail.
- Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail. Do one of the following:
- Press the Sleep/Wake button twice quickly.
- Press and hold the center button on your headset for about two seconds. Two low beeps confirm that the call was declined.
- Tap Decline (if iPhone is awake when the call comes in).
- Respond with a text message instead of answering. Tap Message and choose a reply or tap Custom. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any of the default messages and replace it with your own text.
- Remind yourself to return the call. Tap Remind Me and indicate when you want to be reminded.
I hope this information helps ....
Have a great day!
Sorry this does not work, I have tested this now on multiple devices now on ISO 7 and a new phone and they all do the same thing, Below is my sample test call and the response I get.
I will label the phones 7 (IOS 7), F (First call) & S (Second call) .
1. F calls 9
1a. 7 gets options to Decline, Answer, Remind Me, or Message
2. 7 answers
3. S calls 7
3a. 7 gets options End Current call, Answer (hold Current Call), Decline Incoming Call
3b1. if 7 selects 'End Current Call' they then get after a few seconds same as 1a.
3b2. if 7 selects 'Answer (Hold Current Call)' they get options mute,keypad, speaker, swap, contacts.
3b3. if 7 selects 'Decline incoming Call' they get same options from 3b2.
There is never an option on the second call to "Tape Message'. On the older version software you could swipe and get an options of Text message and then select the message to send automatically replying to the person who called.
This options appears to no longer be available. I am really surprised no one has seen this.
I'm finding the same on multiple ios 7 iphones.
I can relpy with a text if I'm not on a call when I recieve the call.
If you are on a call and recieve a second call the functionality to reply to the second caller with a text is not present. I was able to do it in iOS 6... send a note that said, "on the other line will get back to you asap".
Maybe in a future update??
I'm not saying you are wrong, but I don't remember the option to text the incoming caller on call waiting. Either way, the only way to let Apple know about this and see if they can change/bring back/whatever, is to give them feedback. That isn't done here, it is done at www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate link.