Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost capability on latest IOS 7 upgrade?

Before I upgraded When I was on a phone call and received another phone call that Can in as a number only I could swip up and select to text the individual based on their phone number only that I would call after I was off my call.

Once I went to IOS7 I can no longer do that. We have tested this on a New iPhone 5S and several iPhone 5's that had not been upgraded and Upgraded. IN every test we had the same results.

Whats going on Apple?

Bill Skipper Houston Texas

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 3:16 PM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2013 7:13 AM in response to bskipper

Hi bskipper,

Welcome to the Support Communities!

The feature you are asking about is now available when the call comes in.

See the link below to review your options for an incoming call:

When someone calls - iPhone User Guide

http://help.apple.com/iphone/7/#/iph3c9947bf

• Silence a call. Press the Sleep/Wake button or either volume button. You can still answer the call after silencing it, until it goes to voicemail.
  • Decline a call and send it directly to voicemail. Do one of the following:
  • Press the Sleep/Wake button twice quickly.
  • Press and hold the center button on your headset for about two seconds. Two low beeps confirm that the call was declined.
  • Tap Decline (if iPhone is awake when the call comes in).
  • Respond with a text message instead of answering. Tap Message and choose a reply or tap Custom. To create your own default replies, go to Settings > Phone > Respond with Text, then tap any of the default messages and replace it with your own text.
  • Remind yourself to return the call. Tap Remind Me and indicate when you want to be reminded.

I hope this information helps ....

Have a great day!

- Judy

Oct 6, 2013 8:37 AM in response to judysings

Sorry this does not work, I have tested this now on multiple devices now on ISO 7 and a new phone and they all do the same thing, Below is my sample test call and the response I get.

I will label the phones 7 (IOS 7), F (First call) & S (Second call) .

1. F calls 9

1a. 7 gets options to Decline, Answer, Remind Me, or Message

2. 7 answers

3. S calls 7

3a. 7 gets options End Current call, Answer (hold Current Call), Decline Incoming Call

3b1. if 7 selects 'End Current Call' they then get after a few seconds same as 1a.

3b2. if 7 selects 'Answer (Hold Current Call)' they get options mute,keypad, speaker, swap, contacts.

3b3. if 7 selects 'Decline incoming Call' they get same options from 3b2.

There is never an option on the second call to "Tape Message'. On the older version software you could swipe and get an options of Text message and then select the message to send automatically replying to the person who called.

This options appears to no longer be available. I am really surprised no one has seen this.

Oct 8, 2013 12:26 PM in response to bskipper

I'm finding the same on multiple ios 7 iphones.

I can relpy with a text if I'm not on a call when I recieve the call.

If you are on a call and recieve a second call the functionality to reply to the second caller with a text is not present. I was able to do it in iOS 6... send a note that said, "on the other line will get back to you asap".

Maybe in a future update??

Lost capability on latest IOS 7 upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.