Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My imac says my idevices are not eligible for restore. Works fine on my macbook air

I plug my ipad, iphone or ipod touch into my imac and try to restore or upgrade. This has been tried with ios7, 6.14 and 6.13. My imac always says that my device is not eligble for the software. I move the device and the cable to my macbook air and can restore, upgrade or do anything else I want with the ios software. Move it back to the imac and I get the same error message. I have NEVER been able to restore or upgrade my devices on my imac since I got it in Janaury but can do it all day long on my macbook air. Both are running mountain lion and the latest version of itunes.

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 4:51 PM

7 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:07 PM in response to lllaass

I need to be really sarcastic here. Duh..really? Wow, that is such an amazing response.

Of course I have tried that. I have had this problem since January. If you read my post, I have the latest OSX and the latest itunes which it says in that link.

If anyone wants to help with some real information, I will listen. posting a vague and unhelpful apple link does nothing.

My imac says my idevices are not eligible for restore. Works fine on my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.