Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error4013

ihave a error in dfu moode 4013 in restor

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 4:32 PM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2013 7:31 AM in response to sharonk1990

Hi, error 4013 could not restore ipad/iphone

I had the same issue as you what I did to reslove the issue was to:

1. Make sure the ipad is in DFU recovery mode (waiting for you to plug into itunes symbol)

2. Use an original ipad cable that came with it our from another ipad

3. Do not use any type of extension cable between the ipad and the pc/mac

4 Before you plug in your cable to the ipad move it to another USB port on your pc/mac one that you have not tried before or normally use

5. start itunes by right clicking on itunes run as administrator.

6. when itunes detects in recovery mode start the recovery.

7. Your pc/mac now detects the ipad hardware again and installs the driver properly again.

8. sit back and voila.

hope that helps.

regards,

LaCalaTech.

Jan 8, 2014 7:53 PM in response to sharonk1990

I had the exact same problem with my iphone 4s and despite trying all the solutions mentioned here I just couldn't get past the error 4013. As I continued to read more about this, it all seemed to be related to some sort of hardware issue. So here is what I did step by step:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.

2. Run iTunes as administrator.

3. Try DFU mode

4. Try new cable

5. Try a different USB port(s)

6. Try a different computer

If still nothing works, the only part of hardware left which may be faulty is the docking port-it might just be some carbon or dust build up in the port. To clean this, the easiest solution would be to:

- insert the edge of a credit card and gently wiggle around in the dock (don't be too forceful, all you are trying to do is dislodge some of the dirt). After that just try to restore it again using iTunes.

This last step was what worked for me, so just sharing it for others out there to try and see if it works for you. Hope it helps!

error4013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.