Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to assign a group name for TV Shows on iPad

I have some 900+ Tv shows in my iTunes Library (all recorded and encoded locally - i.e., none purchased). When I open the Video app on my iPad and view "Shared" and the "TV Shows" tab, I see only a thumbnail. There is no name displayed for the group of shows.

When I view the shows in my iTunes Library I have a name under the groupings when I view them in the "Shows" view, like this:

User uploaded file

Is there a way to get some kind of identification to appear for these same shows when they are displayed on the iPad (Video app) under the "TV Shows" tab?

I have tried putting values into many of the fields offered by iTunes but, so far, I have not been able to get any text to appear on the iPad under a group's thumbnail. Since I have over 92 distinct groups, and since the thumbnail that's used for a group seem to be selected at rando (if at all), it is hard to pick out the group of shows I want to watch.

Also, the order of the groups on the iPad is rather random. The groups there are NOT in the same order as the groups display in iTunes — i.e., it's not alpha by Show name — which only adds to the problem I have finding the group of shows I'm looking for.

MBair, MBPro, Mini, iStuff

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 4:31 PM

There are no replies.

How to assign a group name for TV Shows on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.