Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Striped Screen of Death! HELP!

This is insane.

I updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 7.0.2 and now my phone is completely incapacitated. It has a blue screen on it with green edges and keeps making an error sound every few seconds. I have tried restoring the phone and it returned me to this same state. Has anyone seen anything like this!?

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 5:27 PM

6 replies

Sep 28, 2013 5:44 PM in response to GabeJ

I just had this happen to me this morning but in a slightly different scenario. I dropped my phone and about 15 minutes later noticed that this was on my screen.. when I reboot the phone it just comes back. The phone itself is still working as I can hear Siri and when texts come through, I just can't see past the blue striped screen "of death" as you called it. I looked it up on google and it says it's the LCD ???? I thought that made sense since I dropped it, however I have dropped it many times and never had this happen... Anyway, I'm not of much help but I have the same thing is all I was trying to say.

Jan 29, 2014 5:05 PM in response to GabeJ

I had the same problem happening to my iPhone 4 (iOS 7) last night. It happened when I was uploading something on Instagram -- didn't drop it or anything. The screen looked exactly like yours. It was totally unresponsive. iTunes can't even detect it when I plugged it in my computer.

Doing a series of soft resets fixed it for me. The phone became functional again after the first soft reset, but the stripes was still there, together with some flickering. I turned it off and back on again and the color was back to normal, but the flickering remained. I decided to turn the phone off for the night. Upon turning it on in the morning, everything was back to normal.

In case you don't know how to do a soft reset, all you have to do is hold down on both the lock/power button and the home button simultaneously for 10 seconds.

Jan 29, 2014 8:18 PM in response to GabeJ

i have the same problem i had the screen replaced and it still does it ive tried restoring and backing up and it still does it but when ever i slide up on control center it goes away even when i screenshot the screen when its blue/black it goes back to normal???? *** is going on?!?!?!?! Somebody please help this is getting rediculous Galaxy S4 here i come

Blue Striped Screen of Death! HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.