Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Feedback Problem - Electric Guitar

Hi All!

I am using GarageBand on an iPad (iOS 7, iPad with retina display, latest GarageBand version) and connect my electric guitar with an so called "iRig" device to my iPads audio connector.

When using distorted amp models I usually get a lot of feedback when using the monitor setting. When I roll back the settings in GarageBand, the feedback gets reduced, but the signal of the guitar dies while sustaining.

So here are my question:

1. Does anyone have a solution to this?

2. I've seen a Squier iOS compatible Stratocaster guitar in the Apple Store, that connects via the iPads main connector (below the home button) and does not require the use of the iPads audio connector. Has anyone experience with this guitar? Will it solve my problem?

Thank you all in advance!

Kind Regards

Freddy

Posted on Sep 28, 2013 6:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2013 10:34 PM

You're probably not getting feedback because there is really no way for the headphone to be loud enough to feed back to the guitar. I'm guessing what you have is called crosstalk. This is when a electrical signal on one channel effects another. I know this because I had one of the cheap iRigs when they first came out and had some problems similar to yours.

Of course it could also just be the high gain amp sim doesn't have enough gate, but hard to tell without being there.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2013 10:34 PM in response to ifroed

You're probably not getting feedback because there is really no way for the headphone to be loud enough to feed back to the guitar. I'm guessing what you have is called crosstalk. This is when a electrical signal on one channel effects another. I know this because I had one of the cheap iRigs when they first came out and had some problems similar to yours.

Of course it could also just be the high gain amp sim doesn't have enough gate, but hard to tell without being there.

Oct 10, 2013 3:14 PM in response to isteveus

hi isteveus and all others,

i don't think that it's a gate-problem: if i increase the gate, then the signal dies way earlier than the guitar finishes to sustain. so it may be the iRig as you said or a software issue.

is there any solution to the mentioned crostalk?

can i solve this problem with the ios-compatible squier strat from the apple store?

PEACE

freddy

GarageBand Feedback Problem - Electric Guitar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.