Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I upgrade I cloud storage plan remotely?

I urgently need to upgrade storage plan or risk losing. I am on holiday and only access to hotel computer. How can I upgrade I cloud storage remotely?

iPad

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 1:08 AM

6 replies

Sep 29, 2013 1:25 AM in response to Damian107

I'm afraid you can only do this with a computer or iOS device which is signed into iCloud in the Preferences/Settings/Control Panel. You can't do it from the iCloud website.

Am I right in assuming you are an ex-MobileMe subscriber who has had free extra storage, due to expire tomorrow? If so the procedure is different from the normal upgrade procedure.

If you wish to continue your current storage level, the instructions are here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527

Scroll down to 'How do I purchase my current plan?' and expand the section applicable to your computer or device.

I'm afraid that you will have to find a suitable Mac or iOS device and use that to sign in - you are not likely to be able to do this on a hotel-provided computer. If you can get to an Apple Store then you could make an appointment with the 'Genius' and ask them to do this.

If you are able to find a way of doing this on someone else's computer, make sure to sign out afterwards and then go to http://appleied.apple.com and change your password.

You will need to sign out and back in on your devices once you have done this.

Sep 29, 2013 1:56 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger

I am an old mobile me user yes. I tried to upgrade on my Mac at home before left but when clicked on apple, I still had mobile me showing, not iCloud... I have 6gb of data and reverting to 5gb. I never thought it would be so hard to buy an apple product!

I am in Philippines now and where I am have my wife's I pad 1, but it is set up for her.

Sorry to be a pain. Just panicking as baby videos etc on there!!

Thanks Damian

Sep 29, 2013 2:07 AM in response to Damian107

You presumably have a Snow Leopard Mac at home: you can't access iCloud on that as it doesn't have the preference pane (Lion 10.7.5 minimum required). I'm not sure how you can have got the video onto iCloud as apart from your Mac being non-compliant iCloud does not provide general file storage.

Anway, as you have access to your wife's iPad you can get yourself out of this quite easily.

Firstly, turn off 'Find My iPad' if she has it enabled - this is important. Then in Settings>iCloud click 'Delete account'. This will not delete her account from the server. Her iCloud data will disappear but this is not a problem.

Now sign into your own account in Settings>iCloud. Go to

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527

Scroll down to 'How do I purchase my current plan?' and expand the section applicable to iOS devices. Follow the instructions to purchase your extended storage.

Then click 'Delete account' to remove your sign in from the iPad. This will not affect your account.

Now you can sign back in with her ID, whereupon all her iCloud data will re-appear (may take a bit of time). Finally if 'Find My iPad' had originally been on, turn it back on.

Can I upgrade I cloud storage plan remotely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.