Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor issue, keep getting Failed: QuickTime error.-50. Anyone knows why?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 2:01 AM

5 replies

May 27, 2015 1:19 PM in response to Angetree

When I ran into the Quicktime Error -50 issue, it was a corrupt source movie. When I played the movie in QT Player, it would stop playing part of the way through the clip, but the time code would keep on ticking and the play head would keep moving.

If I set an out point in Compressor to cut off the corrupt part of the footage, it compressed perfectly without any error.

Jul 18, 2015 8:15 AM in response to Angetree

Sometimes the issue seems to be Final Cut initiating an auto render in the background while compressor is also rendering your batch or file. What has worked for me is ensuring that the timeline is closed in Final Cut or auto render is disabled before attempting a compressor export. Before a large render I often 1) Disable auto render in FCP 2) Close open timelines so that only the bins and media are open and 3) Disable screen saver in preferences (just for luck). Try to keep background processes in general from initiating while compressor is in motion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.