Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 overheated yesterday and now it won't turn on. When I plug it to charge it only flashes the Apple logo. I've restored my device on iTunes but it's still not turning on. Help!

So I charged my phone yesterday but it didn't seem to get charged because the battery percentage went lower instead of higher after I plugged out my phone. Then the battery percentage subsequently got lower even faster, jumping from 28% to 15% within ~a minute. It was very hot too, so maybe overheating was the problem. Then I tried charging my phone again after leaving it to cool but it won't charge and keeps flashing the Apple logo.

I've tried to no use:

1. pressing the Power button and Home button together for a long time

2. restoring my device (on iTunes it says that my phone's updated, but it still won't turn on)

Should I just send my phone to Apple for them to fix it or for a replacement?

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 5:12 AM

1 reply

My iPhone 5 overheated yesterday and now it won't turn on. When I plug it to charge it only flashes the Apple logo. I've restored my device on iTunes but it's still not turning on. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.