Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I put all of my music on an sd card so both windows and Mac OS

I just bought a new imac (3tb fusion) so I'm going to install windows via bootcamp because I still have a lot of windows programs I need to use.

My quest was about shared files, namely music. Can I copy all of my music on a 64 or 128 gb SD card and access it on both Mac OS and windows?

I'd rather not have to copy the music to both the windows and mac partitions.

Sorry for the noob question but I like to have this kind on stuff planned out ahead of time.

Thanks,

iMac, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 5:59 AM

sure all my music is on a NAS from sonology on my network

I just set itunes not to control the location of the media and add it from it's location

this way the music can be stored on everything or some could be stored somewhere and others elsewhere

I do the same with my photos, movies, ebooks and ecomics

same deal with windows (though the new windows 8 default audio player don't seem to support network files so there I use ms's zune software to play)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2013 5:59 AM in response to scofal

sure all my music is on a NAS from sonology on my network

I just set itunes not to control the location of the media and add it from it's location

this way the music can be stored on everything or some could be stored somewhere and others elsewhere

I do the same with my photos, movies, ebooks and ecomics

same deal with windows (though the new windows 8 default audio player don't seem to support network files so there I use ms's zune software to play)

Can I put all of my music on an sd card so both windows and Mac OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.