Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making Keynote presentations "play only" on iOS

I am an educator who has been using iPads in the classroom for the last few years. Keynote is a powerful, flexible and easy way of distributing content to the students. You can make slideshows with hyperlinks that can lead students through activities that are informative and still entertaining. However some of these activities run into problems because students can simply pinch out of "play presentation" mode and jump ahead to other sildes.

Is there a way to make Keynote "play only"?

I know that Keynote has added the ability to lock objects to the iOS version of Keynote. and I know that you can make a presentations "hyperlinks only" which can prevent some navigation issues. But is there a way to launch right into play mode that only allows exiting the presentation without seeing the slides?

My feeling is that this is not a feature of Keynote but it seems that is one that is easily added and one that can help Keynote in the classroom imeasureably.

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 8:29 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2013 12:32 PM in response to Vassili Frantzis

I am actually creating the keynote on the Mac and then transferring it to the iPads.

In that case you should test these settings in Keynote Mac:

Inspector > Document > Document > Automatically Play on Open

Inspector Document > Document > Document > Require Password to Exit

You should also read this Apple note: Creating on Mac, Presenting on iPad

I have no idea if the iOS version has these settings, or if these settings will transfer to the iPad, many do not.

Very few iPad users frequent this discussion, we appear to be dedicated Mac users here.

Making Keynote presentations "play only" on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.