Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get iTunes Radio on iPod Touch 4g?

I do not have the Radio tab in the music player on my iPod Touch 4G. (I have clicked the More tab)

I live in Florida in the US.

I run iTunes version 11.1.0.126, which has the iTunes Radio button, on a Windows 7 computer.

I have IOS 6.1.3 on the iPod Touch

I have reset the iPod

Signed out and back in.

Thanks

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 9:39 AM

13 replies

Feb 2, 2014 5:58 PM in response to ab1945

Of course they make it so the 4th generation can't get it. So **** rude. They get thousands of dollars in music purchases, but you have to have the most updated ipod to get it? It took me forever to get the one I have!!!! I have to say that itunes radio is the best, over all the other options I have but, seriously, let me put it on my **** itouch!!!!!!

Feb 2, 2014 7:13 PM in response to musicandwriting

Sorry to hear you're so upset, hopefully this gives you a little perspective. It's a matter of hardware; the iPod 4 only has 256MB of RAM. The software for what ever reason, (which is beyond me) requires 512MB of RAM. I would guess rather than rewrite the entire iOS for one or two add ons, the developers just add on a patch, in this case iRadio, which means more memory needed to operate. I would guess it's easier and cheaper to add more memory. It's what drives the consumer market, new models get the latest and greatest and the old models fade away. It's true in all things made, cars, appliances, electronics, etc. Still annoying if you have the previous model, but it's just the way it is. Hope this helps, Cheers.

Feb 2, 2014 8:10 PM in response to JEM24

I originally found it frustrating because I believed I would be able to upgrade and get Apple Radio. You had to read the fine print in the adverising to realise this is not the case. So, I continue to use Pandora which I have no problem with other than the fact I have been a loyal Apple customer and would rather use Apple products.

How do I get iTunes Radio on iPod Touch 4g?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.