Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code -43

Hi everyone,

I have one session wherein every time I hit play, I get an error message "-43", then I hit OK, then it happens again, and I hot OK again, and THEN the track starts to play. This isn't a debilitating issue, but it IS a really annoying inconvenience to go through EVERY time I want to hit play.

I've saved a new version of the session with a new name -- didn't help. Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Logic Pro X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2017 11:22 PM

When a file can't be moved to the trash this error -43 code appears this is a bug which started from OS X El Capitan. A simple method to correct it is just LOGOUT or a simple RESTART will work. However this is not a permanent solution and the error code will reappear eventually. Hope apple fix this bug in the later macOS.

I hope this helps Adam.

Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 26, 2017 11:22 PM in response to arapa

When a file can't be moved to the trash this error -43 code appears this is a bug which started from OS X El Capitan. A simple method to correct it is just LOGOUT or a simple RESTART will work. However this is not a permanent solution and the error code will reappear eventually. Hope apple fix this bug in the later macOS.

I hope this helps Adam.

Regards.

Sep 29, 2013 7:13 PM in response to arapa

Error -43 is an OX S error code relating to missing/corrupt files... This is usually caused by permission issues or directory corruption so have you tried repairing your system drive permissions and verifying the HD itself.. using Disk utility?

I would highly recommend you do so.. starting with disk verify.... and repair if needed.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1782

Jun 6, 2016 10:51 PM in response to arapa

I had previously gotten the Error 43 on my Mac. Follow this article on My blog to Fix Error 43 Mac : How to Fix Error 43 Mac.

To fix, what you need to do is basically two steps

• Reset the PRAM. From a powered off state, hold ⌘ Cmd⌥ Option P R until you hear the startup chimes 3 times, then release and allow your system to boot normally.
  • (Optional) Delete the locked files. In Terminal, execute the following command: chflags -R nouchg. Then open your Trash, select all the item (⌘ Cmd-A), drag everything to the Terminal window, then press Return ⏎. Empty your Trash

Hope this Helped,

Mohan Venkat

Jun 7, 2016 4:26 PM in response to arapa

Another thing that might help:

1. Right-click on your session file and click "Show Package Contents".
  2. You should see 3 folders inside: Alternatives, Media, Resources.
  3. Inside Alternatives (and maybe Resources), look for any file called DisplayState.plist
  4. Delete those files. Just to be safe, drag them to your desktop (to make a backup copy), THEN delete, and open the session. This often helps with corrupted files.
  5. Assuming the session now opens (and it should), trash the backup DisplayState.plist file. If not, you can always put it back where you found it and continue troubleshooting.

error code -43

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.