Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't disk utility repair iTunes in "Repair Disk Permission"?

Having issues with Disk Utility's not fixing iTunes "Disk Permissions". Have run "Disk Repair Permission" repeatedly to no avail. Same statements keep coming up. None of them ever go away.

17" MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.1)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 9:55 AM

24 replies

Sep 29, 2013 11:37 AM in response to lumox

For future referrence, if you click the Reply button in the post you are responding to it makes it easier to know who you are asking the question.

So then is this the reason why I keep getting "Spinning Wheel Of Death"???? Especially in iTunes!!!!

That was the first time you mentioned that there was a problem you were experiencing, which changes the question you are asking. Sometimes it can be permissions, but usually there is another cause. Try the troubleshooting steps in the linked article and see if they help.

Sep 29, 2013 11:53 AM in response to Eric Root

Not sure what you are meaning in the first part of your last reply. If you get this reply I have replied to all replies in the same manner.

And I pretty much have followed what the posted article said to try.

Have read other places that it could be an iTunes 11.1 issue, but just making sure and covering my bases.

Sep 29, 2013 1:59 PM in response to lumox

Unless you receive a message that states you could not access a file, you don't need to repair permissions. Regardless of what repairing permissions reports, there aren't any problems unless it states it could not repair permissions. Even a fresh permissions database doesn't know what the current permissions should be. It uses what was current at the time the system is installed, and it rarely gets updated.

As updates change things, the permissions database becomes more and more out of date.

Now, if you are having a problem with iTunes hanging up, then that is not normally caused by permission problems.

Do you have any plug-ins or extenstions for iTunes?

Does it occur in another account?

Does it occur in Safe Mode? http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1455

why can't disk utility repair iTunes in "Repair Disk Permission"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.