Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.1 + Apple TV = No Movies?

Before updating to the latest iTunes and Apple TV, I could browse and play my Home-Shared "Movies" from any of three Apple TVs in my house.

After updating, when I browse to my Computer on Apple TV it will show me only "TV Shows" and "Home Videos" — no "Movies" category is displayed.

I've searched for any Settings that would explain this but I can find nothing in either the Apple TV or iTunes UI.

Any explanation for this sudden loss of functionality? (And no, I don't want to change the Media Type of all 800+ Movies to "Home Video.")

Thanks!

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 10:24 AM

3 replies

Sep 29, 2013 10:49 AM in response to Scenario

The Apple TV definately still supports movies that are tagged as movies.

User uploaded file

Your iTunes library may well be corrupt, but before making that conclusion, try the following steps, check whether things are working after each step where appropriate, before trying the next.

1. Restart the Apple TV (Settings > General > Restart).
  2. Restart the Apple TV by removing ALL the cables for 30 seconds.
  3. Restart your router. (Also try removing it’s power cord for at least 30 seconds)
  4. Reset the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Reset all settings)
  5. Restore the Apple TV (Settings > General > Reset > Restore)

iTunes 11.1 + Apple TV = No Movies?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.