Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop Turns on when lid is closed and sleeps when the lid is open

I am having a problem with my laptop. I usually close the lid to put it to sleep but recently (Since swapping out the optical drive and putting a new hard drive in) when I close the lid the laptop will fall asleep than wake up. I can hear the disc spinning and the laptop becomes hot. Also whenI open the lid in this state the computer will revert back to sleeping and will not wake up.

How can I fix this? The only thing I have attached via blue tooth or hardware are headphones and the charger.

MacBook Pro, Model A1226

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 11:56 AM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 6:48 PM in response to mvanosdol

I tried resetting my NVRAM / PRAM as well as my SMC. I tried this:

"if the computer still doesn't sleep when you close the lid:

you could try booting to the install disk. while booted to the install disk, try closing the lid. if you close the lid, and the computer dose not sleep, you know it's a hardware issue. If the computer dose sleep, then you know it's an OS issue. "

And the computer stayed on during this process so I believe it is a hardware issue. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next?

Laptop Turns on when lid is closed and sleeps when the lid is open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.