Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios7.2 iPhone 4S intermittent beeping noise. What is it?

After the update my iPhone keeps making a double beep noise. I have no idea what it means.

There are no alerts or notifications, mail, etc

I've gone through sounds in settings and looked at every single sound I've assigned to see what sound it goes with. Nothing there.

I've gone thru each sound my iPhone has and played them so I can say which sound it is, but its not in my phone at all. I don't get it.

Anybody else getting this or know what it means?

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 2:05 PM

8 replies

Oct 6, 2013 10:51 AM in response to filmdave

Hi. You can see from my comment above that I had the same problem and it didn't have anything to do with my mail sounds either. I kept looking and found that the sound was associated with an app I have on the phone, called Downcast which downloads podcasts. Each time it downloaded a podcast it gave the alert sound. I noticed that I was getting downloads from that app and went to the app to check the settings and there it was -- sound upon download! So I just set it to silent and no more sound!! I hope this helps you. Just check your apps. This problem is SUPER annoying!!

Ios7.2 iPhone 4S intermittent beeping noise. What is it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.