Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No support for Fuji OR Panasonic raw?

I have just spent £54.99 on Aperture because I have a new Fuji Finepix HS50EXR (which has been out for nearly a year) and needed a RAW converter. This is the ONLY reason I paid for Aperture. Now I've downloaded it, I find there is no support for this file format!

What a total waste of money. Really angry.

Aperture 3, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 2:18 PM

9 replies

Sep 29, 2013 5:23 PM in response to JanDuperre

Hello

You can find a list of cameras with RAW support at the following links:

http://www.apple.com/au/aperture/specs/raw.html

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5371

I know that there was a RAW support update recently (see second link above) but I can't remember which cameras were added.

Might be worth dropping some feedback to Apple at:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/aperture.html

You never know .. a quick "Hey guys, when will RAW support be available for .." might result in what you need *smile*

Cheers!

Sep 30, 2013 12:16 AM in response to maevans1969

June 27, 2013; Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.07 added two Lumix and a Sony camera

August 22, 2013: Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.08, added for example Fuji X-M1 among others

There is about a raw update ever two month lately.

BTW: the 4.08 raw support has a bug-fix in Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 4.09 - I'd recomment to skip that update and go directly for the 4.09 version.

Sep 30, 2013 12:28 AM in response to léonie

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ72 - not supported

I have a Fuji HS50EXR - not supported

I have converted the RAW files from both cameras into DNG files and now the converted Fuji open but the converted Lumix still won't. Aperture still won't open even DNG files!

I'm now trialing Lightroom which works with all formats both the from camera raw files and the converted dang files from both cameras. I just have to accept I threw £55 down the toilet

Sep 30, 2013 12:41 AM in response to JanDuperre

I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ72 - not supported

I have a Fuji HS50EXR - not supported

I have converted the RAW files from both cameras into DNG files and now the converted Fuji open but the converted Lumix still won't. Aperture still won't open even DNG files!

I am in the same boat - for my Lumix FZ 28 has not been a raw support since 3 years, but for the Lumix FZ 50 since day one. Aperture has always supported only a subset of cameras that are most likely to be used by professionals.

I have been using dng's for the FZ 28 without problem until a few month ago. Adobe's dng converter used to work very well with the raw format, and Aperture could open those files, but since the last dng converter update this no longer works for the FZ 28. The dngs I created earlier are fine. So this is due to a change in dng converter and not in aperture's raw support.

Aperture's raw support page says:

Aperture works with most DNG files generated from cameras that support this format and with DNG files generated by the Adobe DNG Converter with the “Convert to Linear Image” option turned off.

I have tried all availabe export options in dng converter, and none of the files are excepted by Aperture. So I am working with tiffs right now.

Oct 1, 2013 11:39 PM in response to léonie

I've just decided that purchasing Aperture will have to be put down to experience and write off the lost money. It's something I can ill afford to do given I've just been made redundant, but what choice have I.

I certainly won't be buying Apple software again.

Now I have to save for Lightroom. I have a 30 day trial version which works with everything so I'm using that.

Oct 3, 2013 9:34 PM in response to JanDuperre

Jan,

If I was you, I would kindly ask Apple for a refund. They are typically very generous in such cases (my personal experience).

Besides from that, I really do not understand your frustration. Apple clearly documents the list of cameras for which it supports the RAW format. You cannot really miss this if you read the pages about Aperture on Apple's web site.

Christof

No support for Fuji OR Panasonic raw?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.