Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previously working Windows 7 Pro 64 bit will no longer boot

Came in this morning and the Mac side of things was showing on my monitors. When I left last night it was in Windows. Tried to reboot into windows and after using option to bring up the boot choices in start up I clicked on windows. Nothing happens, or rather I loose control of the mouse and keyboard but it never boots into Windows. Tried setting the boot camp partition as the startup disk same thing. Put the Win 7 Pro disk in optical drive and selected it on restart and it does the same thing. It appears to try to boot but nothing hapens. The screen remains at the choose disk display. The only way to get out of it is to hard reset.

I have not done any thing to the partitions or really anything I can think of that might cause this. I have been using this configuration for over a year now with no issues.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 3:17 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2013 11:20 AM in response to James Binnion

I've had PCIe controllers in my Mac Pro and PC prevent booting, Once a corrupt Windows boot drive (not even the main Windows drive but on one of the SATA ports nonetheless) and could not boot.

Windows immediately after boot when I put it in said it needed repair and went ahead and did so. Now that is something Mac will not do.

I tested it thoroughly with WD Lifeguard to insure no bad sectors or issues with the drive (healthy and did full format and extended tests)

Removing anything attached is a whole lot easier. Glad you found it.

Those symptoms say "hardware" -

Put the Win 7 Pro disk in optical drive and selected it on restart and it does the same thing. It appears to try to boot but nothing hapens.

Previously working Windows 7 Pro 64 bit will no longer boot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.