Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 2 + iOS 7 - no more landscape mode

As title says. After upgrading my iPad 2 to iOS 7 the landscape mode does not work anymore, eg. on the main screen, videos and most apps. Infact, the landscape mode only works on games programmed to only run the game in landscape mode.

This is getting really annoying since I can't watch videos (720p/1080p) in proper fullscreen anymore and I kinda liked using the main screen in landscape mode...

No, rotation is not locked on the iPad, the setting is _OFF_.

Anyone else having this annoying issue? And there is no way for me to go back an iOS version because Apple is such a control freak of a company...

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 4:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2013 2:06 PM

Hello there, Rob444.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information and troubleshooting steps for the issue you're describing:

iPad: Understanding the side switch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Specifically for troubleshooting:

Troubleshooting Rotation Lock

If your iPad display does not rotate as expected, verify that Rotation Lock is off:

1. Check the status bar for the Rotation Lock icon.
  2. Toggle the Side Switch to verify that the device is not locked.
    Note: Some apps do not rotate to match the current or locked orientation. Use the Home screen to determine Rotation Lock status.
  3. If Rotation Lock is off and you are still unable to rotate the iPad display, restart your iPad.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2013 2:06 PM in response to Rob444

Hello there, Rob444.

The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information and troubleshooting steps for the issue you're describing:

iPad: Understanding the side switch

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Specifically for troubleshooting:

Troubleshooting Rotation Lock

If your iPad display does not rotate as expected, verify that Rotation Lock is off:

1. Check the status bar for the Rotation Lock icon.
  2. Toggle the Side Switch to verify that the device is not locked.
    Note: Some apps do not rotate to match the current or locked orientation. Use the Home screen to determine Rotation Lock status.
  3. If Rotation Lock is off and you are still unable to rotate the iPad display, restart your iPad.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro D.

Oct 8, 2013 5:13 PM in response to Rob444

This is the worst update. I can't' use most apps out of landscape mode-the opposite of what everyone here is complaining about. I did a reset and that worked for a few days and now back to the same bs rotation lock issue. The rotation lock buttons do nothing to correct the problem. Great job Apple!!!!! Screwing up an otherwise okay device and making $100 tablets seem way better than this overpriced, buggy POS.

Android is looking a lot better!

iPad 2 + iOS 7 - no more landscape mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.