Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have no voicemail notification in iOS7

iPhone4 / iOS7.0.2 / ATT

What has happened to voicemail notification?

I never know if I have a voicemail anymore without calling voicemail.

There is no way to turn voicemail notification on as I am looking through Settings.

Is there a way to turn on voicemail notifications?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.2, 14 gig capacity

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 4:21 PM

What happens when you tap Phone -> Voicemail? Do you see Visual Voicemail, or does it say it isn't working?

Usually the first step is to reboot the phone by holding HOME and SLEEP until an Apple logo appears.

If you don't see visual voicemail, or if it hangs, go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset network settings. You will not lose any data, but will have to re-enter WiFi passwords.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 29, 2013 4:21 PM in response to blackxacto

What happens when you tap Phone -> Voicemail? Do you see Visual Voicemail, or does it say it isn't working?

Usually the first step is to reboot the phone by holding HOME and SLEEP until an Apple logo appears.

If you don't see visual voicemail, or if it hangs, go to Settings/General/Reset - Reset network settings. You will not lose any data, but will have to re-enter WiFi passwords.

Sep 29, 2013 4:35 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

When I first installed iOS7 this week I did a COMPLETE RESET of all settings. I got a phone call today and received no VMI notice (red circle numeral).

I just did the Network Reset. I asked a friend to call and leave a voicemail. I got the VMI this time.

Thank you for your great suggestion, Lawrence.

Wish I understood why the complete reset did not take earlier this week?

Jan 4, 2014 7:55 AM in response to blackxacto

I switched from a Samung Galaxy 3 to my iPhone 5s and I had no voicemail notification or visual voicemail, my provider was US Cellular. I needed to have the provider reset the voicemail box completely on their end and call and sign in as if it were a brand new voicemail box. The phone was then completey erased and reset and then the visual voicemail and voicemail notifications worked properly. This did solve the problem.

I have no voicemail notification in iOS7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.