Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No bootable device, trying to bootcamp. HELP!

I want to install bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. It's a late 2011 13 inch. I have mountain lion. I followed instructions to make the option for making a version install disk on a usb stick from an iso image of windows 7. Well, the bootcamp process seemed to be working fine until it got to the point where it automatically restarted to install windows and a black screen with white text came up that said "No bootable device - insert boot disk and press any key" although my usb with the boot disk was in my computer and it wouldn't let me press any key.

Also, Important. I know how to use the option key and get back to my OSX hard drive. That is not the issue. the issue is that I can't seem to make my usb bootable. Or something like that. I'm not the most tech savvy person ever, fyi.

When I go into disk utility and go to info on my usb which I made into a windows partition thing using boot camp, it says Bootable: No. I'm assuming it needs to be YES in order to boot from it... how do I make it bootable? Shouldn't it have done that in boot camp assistant?

I hope that made sense. I have tried with multiple usbs. Nothing seems to work. I tried pvram reset, someone suggested that. Didn't work. repaired disks, etc.

Please help, I am at a loss and very frustrated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 6:43 PM

2 replies

No bootable device, trying to bootcamp. HELP!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.