Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook freezing?

Hey guys I have been having several issues with my macbook pro in the last week. It all started with my macbook freezing randomly, where i couldnt move my cursor. Then my macbook restarted by itself and then came up with the 'macbook did not shut down properly' info. Another issue was when I was trying to start up my macbook and the screen remained blank (screen did not even boot up). I could hear the hard drive operating, so I had to shut down the macbook by pressing the off button. This happened a few times and until finally on the 4th time, the chime and the grey apple logo screen came up. And my other issue was that I was watching a video when suddenly, a blue screen with stripes appeared and so I had to physically shut down my macbook.

This isnt the first time I have had these issues. I had these issues about 1.5 months ago where the issues became so bad that whenever I started up my macbook, I would have wierd screen displays and it would freeze immediately that I had to shut it down again. I reinstalled the OS mountain lion and these issues disappeared until last week. I will probably reinstall the OS again but its likely these issues will arise again.

Has anyone had the same experience so understand these issues.

Thanks guys

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 7:06 PM

3 replies

Macbook freezing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.