Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Klipsch I S4i II headphones not working with OS7 WHY?

Does anyone know why my Klipsch Image S4i headphones now don't work with OS7? More specifically, the "Mute" and "Next Track Advance" function of the center button used to work with the prior OS, but since 'upgrading' to OS7.0.2 I lost the functionality...

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 8:29 PM

13 replies

Oct 20, 2013 6:39 AM in response to apvel-ny

MIne dont work either .I have a pair of ultimate ears plug in ( non blue tooth)earbuds. The cable contains the basic microphone module that is "in line" on most all of the earbuds designed for telephone /communications etc...

The microphone wont work on my iphone w/ OS 7..

The apple store associate says that its a glitsch in OS 7 software and will be corrected in a future upgrade.

Apple tech support person reached via apple support line said "we dont support third party devices.."

Everyone knows apple supplied plug in earbuds w/ mirophone are uncomfortable and many people have anatomical issues with their ears which make these ( and most otehrs) unusuable. Not to mention the poor-average audio quality for music. It would be sad if apple coud not support even a basic pair of aftermarket earbuds w/microphone. They have been around forever and are a basic, universally used accessory. Anyone know anything?

Klipsch I S4i II headphones not working with OS7 WHY?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.