Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

should I update snow leopard to mountain lion or waiy for thr new system to come out?

Should I upgrade from snow leopard to mountain lion or wait til the new operating system is available?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 29, 2013 9:58 PM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2013 4:55 AM in response to Cathy638

Since the specifications required for Mavericks is an unknown at this time, the question perhaps should be modified 'Do I want Mt. Lion?'. Snow leopard is an excellent OS and unless Mt. Lion offers 'must have' features for you, I would not make the change. Note that any PPC applications you may have will NOT run on Mt. Lion which would require new replacements or abandonment.

Ciao.

Sep 30, 2013 5:09 AM in response to OGELTHORPE

Absolutely agree with OGLETHORPE on this, Snow Leopard is number 1 and still supported in terms of security and iTunes matters. Interesting how many people who upgrade to Mountain Lion almost immediately want to go back to SL. There's one in Intel Macs community right now.

My advice would be to stick with Snow Leopard for the time being anyway. It is never good policy to switch to a new system before it has had time to be evaluated by the Gurus that inhabit these columns.

should I update snow leopard to mountain lion or waiy for thr new system to come out?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.