Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Mac Book Pro with Retina, and Keynote crash almoset every time i use it?

I have a new Mac Book Pro with Retina, and Keynote crashes almoset every time i use it? I have the newest update.

Could you please help me? I have a lot of Keynote shows, and I have to use it now!!

I have saved a crash report, if you need it.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 2:35 AM

7 replies

Sep 30, 2013 3:11 AM in response to hannafromeidi

The Keynote discussion has many similar complaints ever since the arrival of Mountain Lion.

Many users believe this is caused bythe incompatibility between Keynote and OS X. Previous versions of the OS do not display these issues with Keynote.

If this was my MacBook, I would not wait for Apple to sort out the solution some time in the future, I require applications to be fit for purpose at the time of sale. I would request a refund from Apple for the Keynote purchase and then use alternative software.

Sep 30, 2013 4:33 AM in response to hannafromeidi

Apple will not write back to you. Telephone using the Apple Care phone number appropriate for your country and ask for a refund, if that is what you want to do.

I use Keynote everday, it does exactly what it says it will do, that is if your NOT using Mountain LIon.

There are many applications available

I have used MS PowerPoint professionally for many years on both Windows and Mac, I can assure you it can do everything that Keynote can do and very much more.

Which software you choose depends on who you are and who you are presenting to.

for interactive presentations look at:

PowerPoint

Adobe Flash

Adobe Director

Camtasia

Dreamweaver (an HTML application)

for simple photo slide shows:

iPhoto

iMovie

Picasa

Photomagico

Adobe Lightroom

Sep 30, 2013 5:39 AM in response to hannafromeidi

hannafromeidi wrote:

I did this keynote show in Snow Leopard last year: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT_eB90I_wg

But I don't think I can do such shows in Powerpoint?

I am really confused over Apple Keynote.......

Your example is of an audio recording placed over artwork with some basic but effective animation.

So of course you can do this in PPt,There is nothing in Keynote that PowerPoint can not do. Keynote has superior graphics processing, but the end user wont know that.

This will be a personal choice:

use Mountain Lion and have Keynote malfunction and wait to see if Keynote gets a repair

use Mountain Lion with one of the alternative applications

use Snow Leopard with Keynote

I have a new Mac Book Pro with Retina, and Keynote crash almoset every time i use it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.