Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't send iMessage after update to IOS 7 on iPhone 5

After I update to IOS 7 on iPhone 5 the iMessage function seems not working properly. when I trying to send iMassage the "sending" bar loads up to 90% (slowly) and then stops dead and doesn't move. It stays at that 90% mark until it either starts working, many minutes later, until I delete the message, until it goes to "sending failed" or whatever it says with the little red "!" it will not automatically send by text even the iMessage function is not working. This problem wasn't happened all the time but regularly. This problem happened when I update to IOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and also happened in my friends' iPhone 5 with IOS 7. After I restart everything will back to normal until it crashes again.

Anyone who get the same problem like me?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Sep 30, 2013 2:42 AM

26 replies

Sep 30, 2013 5:44 PM in response to kevin Meng

OK, I kept searching the web and trying different things, and this seems to have gotten my iMessage working again:

1. Turned off iMessage
  2. "Reset Network Settings"
  3. Restart iPhone (holding power and home simultaneously)
  4. Turn iMessage back on.

Now I'm again able to send iMessages. I hope this will help some of the others here with the same issue.

Oct 1, 2013 9:08 AM in response to gbnyc1

I found the same solution, resetting network settings. Sure we have to re-input Wi-Fi network passwords, but it's not a big deal. What is a big deal is that this solution is temporary -it works for a day or two and then the problem returns, for both me (iPhone 4, 7.0.2 Verizon) and my wife (iPhone 5, 7.0.2 AT&T). I've just reset my network settings for the 2nd time since installing iOS 7 on launch day and 7.0.2 on it's launch day.

C'mon Apple! A little help here? I really don't want to have to do this every few days.

Oct 1, 2013 1:07 PM in response to kevin Meng

UPDATE: Apparently my wife didn't reset her network settings this AM, but I did. I've been sending iMessages and my phone shows them as 'Delivered', however she isn't receiving them -not even as txts! When I txt someone who has an Android phone they get my messages as txts, so why didn't my wife iPhone do the same?

Apple, please, we're having to abandon iMessenger for regular txts. Please fix ASAP!

Oct 1, 2013 5:26 PM in response to mozby

Resetting network settings doesn't fix it permanently. The only reason it works is because it involves a reboot. A traditional reboot will work as well.

Either way, it'll come back after a few hours. My wife and I have had this issue for a few days now and have tried everything. The only thing that helps is a reboot, and even that is only good for a little while. It's a bug that Apple will need to address.

can't send iMessage after update to IOS 7 on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.